Sandra Larson, MS
- Areas of Expertise:
- Journalist covering urban and social issues including early education disparities, housing, community economic development, cooperative economy models
- Education & Certifications:
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, BS in Conservation Biology • Harvard University, ALM in Journalism • Northeastern University, MS in Urban and Regional Policy
- United States
- (Co)Action Lab Managing Editor Sandra (Sandy) Larson is a Boston-based freelance writer and editor covering urban/social issues and policy. She has contributed regularly since 2009 to the Bay State Banner, a longstanding weekly covering Boston’s communities of color, and since 2016 to Next City, which focuses on policies and innovations in cities around the world. Her reporting has covered a wide range of topics, including housing, community economic development, transportation, aging, and initiatives to address racial and economic inequality. She holds a Master of Science in Urban and Regional Policy from Northeastern University School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs.
- Managing Editor and Community Manager, (Co)Action Lab • Freelance Journalist