Dr. Neenah Estrella-Luna
- Areas of Expertise:
- Social Justice • Environmental Justice • Whiteness • History and contemporary issues in US race relations (law and policy perspective) • Social inequity, especially as rooted in law and policy • Community based/ participatory action research • Diversity, inclusion, and belonging in higher education • Most issues related to social science education in higher education, especially in relation to law and social policy
- Education & Certifications:
- California State University - Los Angeles, BS in Community Health • Boston University, MPH (Public Health) • Northeastern University, PhD, Law & Public Policy
- United States of America
- Dr. Neenah Estrella-Luna is a participatory action scholar focusing on questions at the intersection of social justice, social relations, and governance. She has been extensively involved in the development of community engagement, public dialogue, public learning, and public communication initiatives related to racial equity, social justice, and democratic governance. She has also served in formal and advisory capacities to community based organizations, foundations, and public institutions on a variety of racial equity issues. In her current role at Salem State University, she assists organizations and communities in learning about whiteness, race relations, and bias; guides organizations and communities through developing policies and processes to overcome institutional and systemic bias and bigotry; teaches hard subjects (i.e., race, social inequality, and law); facilitates dialogues and discussions on/about difficult subjects; evaluates public policies and institutional systems to identify ways to create inclusion, belonging, equity, and social justice; and assists organizations through change processes aimed at becoming more intentionally focused on social justice and equity.
- Visiting Associate Professor, Salem State University